Meet the USEast Team
Meet The Team
Our primary focus is to enable our clients to better leverage their IT Investments through Custom SDLC Solutions, and Cloud & DevOps Transformation.
Joseph P Lebonitte
President and Founder of US East, Joe is able to identify essential skill sets in people that are aligned with Client needs. Joe is vital in organizing, delivering and managing effective technical solutions and services to market. Throughout his career, he has served as a leader in establishing new account business, maintaining productive client relations and managing technical services for optimal client satisfaction. Joe has blended superior sales, marketing and recruiting skills at two previous consulting firms before establishing US East in 1994.
VP of DevOps and Cloud Transformation
- Responsible for the DevOps and Cloud Transformation practice at USEast to enable small and large enterprises to migrate to the cloud with compliance, governance, agility and velocity.
- Additional focus on "Operations as a Service" and putting more "Ops into Dev" using proven automated operations provisioning.
- Creator of a "Rapid DevOps Enablement" program that enables organizations to realize the value of "Continuous Delivery" using DevOps within 90 to 120 days. This unique program "Jump Starts" an organization's cultural change and adoption of modern development, deployment and operations approaches by continuous delivering secure systems deployable to internal/external public/private cloud providers
Gene Gendel, CSP, CSM, CSPO, PMP
Enterprise Agile Coach, Trainer & Organizational Design Agent
Gene is a proud member of the small community (about 94 people worldwide) of Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coaches (CEC). Today, he is the only CEC who resides in NY state. Gene's goal is to help organizations and individual teams with improving internal dynamics, organizational structure and overall efficiency. He strives to engage at all organization levels: senior and mid-level management, teams and individuals. In his work, Gene uses various methods, tools and techniques to strengthen learning of others and to ensure that teams and individuals gain autonomy after he "coaches himself our of the job". Throughout his long career, Gene has served small, mid-size and large companies, domestically and abroad.
Gene is well-recognized member of global and local agile communities, where he influences people via open-space agile collaboration workshops, coaching retreats, group events and presentations.
Gene is a well-recognized blogger and publisher. He is the co-author of the book Agile Coaching: Wisdom from Practitioners. His collection of personal essays "The Green Book" can also be found at
Gene Strongly supports Scrum Alliance (SA) in its efforts of "transforming the world of work". He is an active member of SA working group of coaches and trainers that have been involved in improving SA certification/education programs, by aligning them with natural career paths of agile professionals: Team Level Coaching Certifications (CTC). (Gene is also one of the co-creators of the program) and Enterprise Level Coaching Certifications (CEC). Through these efforts, Gene tries helping highly qualified individuals to differentiate themselves from lowered standards.
Here is the list of Gene's additional focus areas:
- Organizational/System design
- Enterprise-wide, scaling agile solutions and frameworks
- Promoting System over Local Optimization
- Moving companies away from Skinnerian Behaviorism
- Converting Taylorian Corporate Culture to Kaizen
- Educating about Motivation/Rewards/Incentives
- Agile Product Ownership and Management
- Coaching Sr. Leadership, SrumMasters, Product Owners, Teams
- Implementing Agile frameworks: Scrum, Kanban
Gene's Additional Credentials are:
- Certified Team Coach (CTC)
- Certified in Agile Leadership (CAL)
- Certified in Large Scale Scrum (CLP)
- LeSS-friendly Scrum Trainer (LFST), who is ale to teach LeSS
- Basics Certification (CLB) course, according to CLB learning objectives
- Certified at Scrum@Scale (S@S)
- Mentor to coaches
Charlie Carpenter joined US East in 1996 and supports the entire US East family with his management of; Corporate Accounting, Finance, Billing and Human Resource Administration. He has been a leader in adapting technology to these key functions.
Charlie has 30 years experience supporting these functions in the Professional Services/Technical Consulting industry.
US East, the direction for your IT services. Contact us today →